Big sporting events like the World Cup or Wimbledon inspire us to get out and get active, and having an indwelling urinary or suprapubic catheter should not stop you.
How to wear a catheter comfortably
If you have an indwelling suprapubic or urethral catheter, it is vital that your catheter and leg bag is fixated correctly to prevent movement or dislodging while you’re taking part in physical activity. Our range of fixation devices has been specifically designed with your independence in mind. All devices in the Ugo Fix range can be used individually or combined to offer additional comfort and security.
Ugo Fix Sleeve (leg bag holder)
The Ugo Fix Sleeve is designed to comfortably hold your leg bag, either positioned on the calf or on the thigh. Our catheter bag holder has a range of thoughtful features to ensure you feel comfortable while wearing it:
- Graduated lines of elastane for support and even distribution of urine as the bag fills
- External seam to prevent skin damage from rubbing
- Increased width and strength in the top and bottom bands to prevent rolling and for additional comfort
- Contouring shape to reduce noise as the bag fills
Watch our Ugo Fix Sleeve video below:
Our catheter bag holder offers comfort and security on its own, but for additional fixation while active, why not team it up with the Ugo Fix Catheter Strap? This catheter strap can be used to secure either the leg bag tubing or the catheter tubing itself.
Ugo Fix Catheter Strap
Our Ugo Fix Catheter Strap is designed to fixate your catheter or leg bag tubing to prevent tension or rubbing, giving you the confidence to move freely. The Ugo Fix Catheter Strap can be worn on the abdomen or on the leg, above the position of your Ugo Fix Sleeve. The Ugo Fix Catheter Strap has a range of features:
- Silicone technology on the underside of the strap to ensure a secure, comfortable grip on the skin
- Rubber tab secures the tubing tight, away from the skin, without causing damage to the tubing
- Available in five, fully adjustable sizes – can be cut to size
Watch our Ugo Fix Catheter Strap video below:
The Ugo Fix Sleeve and the Ugo Fix Catheter Strap will offer you confidence to move and shift on the field, court or pitch, but for even more support, why not add in the Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip).
Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip)
The Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip) is a revolutionary device, designed to effectively position an indwelling urethral or suprapubic catheter attached to a catheter valve or drainage bag.
The silicone “tack” layer provides immediate, gentle adhesion to the skin without the need for skin preparation prior to application:
- Easy to apply, remove and reposition without leaving behind any residue
- Adheres to all skin types
- Allows for repeated application on the same area without damage
- Showerproof, breathable and translucent
The revolving clip securely holds the catheter at the bifurcation, allowing for natural movement with the body.
- Holds tubing away from the skin to prevent discomfort and skin damage
- Silicone bonding effectively grips the catheter
- Easy open and close catch with positive sensory click
The Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip) can be positioned on the leg or abdomen allowing natural movement of the catheter, while reducing pulling and rubbing within the urethra and at the bladder neck.
Watch our Ugo Fix Gentle (catheter clip) video below:
If you’re starting out on a new sporting venture, please get in touch with us to discuss how our Ugo Fix range can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 263 3849