Optimum Medical is one of the UK’s leading healthcare manufacturers. Our products are exported to over 60 countries worldwide and are designed in close collaboration with international clinicians. Our company mantra is ‘constantly creating better’ because we aim to do just that.
Thanks to increasing demand for our products and building upon existing success with various international markets we are looking for an experienced, pro-active and inspiring sales leader to join us as International Sales Manager. This role will have responsibility for the leadership of the international sales team and the delivery of strong international sales through the development of appropriate strategies and maximising the performance and development of team members.
This position will be based from our Head Office in Leeds, but regular international travel will be an important part of the role. The successful candidate will have an inspiring, motivating and creative approach with a proven track record of leading a sales team and developing new business in international markets.
• Leadership of the international sales team. Coaching and developing to maximise performance in roles
• Regular international travel to develop knowledge and understanding of our markets, identifying new opportunities and building relevant strategic approaches
• Working closely with the team to support the development of trusted long-term relationships with new and existing customers and help to identify new opportunities in assigned international markets
• Maintain and develop commercial awareness of internal and external influences on budgets, profit margins and strategic approaches in all international markets
• Control of overall budgetary spend
• Working pro-actively with Marketing & Product Development to ensure the agreed strategy, budgets, and localised marketing plans are aligned with customer/distributor needs
• Be a role model for the company values ensuring they are at the forefront of all activities
• Review the team’s sales performance to meet or exceed sales targets and ensure business plans are delivered
• Constantly review team processes and approaches to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency
• Represent the company at exhibitions, events and demonstrations gaining and following up on leads
• Maintain and develop trusted long-term relationships with existing customers and distributors via appropriate avenues (face to face, telephone, email, video call etc)
• Respond to Customers emails and queries
• Overview and understanding of the importance ISO13485 & ISO9001 and responsibility for vigilance issues and post market surveillance
• Self-motivated, pro-active and delivery focussed
• Inspiring, confident, and determined approach
• Proven track record of leading a sales team
• Proven track record of developing new business and distribution partnerships in international markets
• Experience of working in healthcare or medical markets
• Ability to identify and develop new sales strategies
• Ability to build a positive, motivating, fun and creative working environment
• Excellent commercial awareness and numerical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Competitive salary of circa £50,000 per annum depending on experience
• Competitive quarterly and annual bonus structures;
• 27 days holiday plus option to buy or sell 5 per annum
• Free onsite car parking
• Health cash plan plus flu vaccinations and eye tests
• Perkbox membership
• Quarterly fully expensed team outings and social events
Optimum Medical can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
Potential candidates will be assessed against our company values to make sure you are the right fit for the business.
At Optimum Medical we LISTEN, we CREATE, we MAKE IT HAPPEN, we CARE and we HAVE FUN!
Constantly creating better